If a person wants to act in a movie, he/she should find out where the auditions are taking place. Due to internet and cell phones, most aspiring actors, singers, models can find out where auditions are taking place. Nowadays, in internet there are various sites that provide details as to where auditions are taking place. In addition, you can submit your profile in these sites. If a director, musician is interested in your profile, they may call you. Audition is nothing but mini performance.
If you want to give your best in the audition, you should prepare yourself ahead of time. This may keep your stress level low, which will enable you to perform better. Start preparing a day before.
How to prepare for acting audition:
– Sleep properly before your audition. Go to bed early the night before your audition. Sleep for at least 5 hours so that you feel fresh on the day of audition.
– On the day of audition, do yoga so that you do not get negative thoughts or feelings before or during the audition.
– In addition, memorize your favorite lines from your favorite play in front of the mirror, the day before or on the day of your audition. By memorizing lines you will be able to perform better on the day of audition and feel confident.
– Wear something on which you feel comfortable and confident.
– Reach the audition place before one hour so that you have enough time to relax and look best. Listen to them carefully and follow every instruction exactly. This is a very detail oriented business, there is no room for error. Read the lines exactly as it is written on the script. Don’t change or delete words. Read each word as it is intended.
How to prepare for Musical Theatre audition:
Many people face problems in musical theatre auditions. But if you follow these tips all your problems will be solved.
– After deciding the show for which you will be auditioning, decide a song which is similar to the show, and in the same genre.
– You should practice the whole song but pick 32 bars that best showcase your voice, because this is what generally auditions ask to see.
– Make a copy of your sheet music if you haven’t already. Do not carry music books as it may be difficult to turn pages which may jeopardize your audition.
– With the help of pencil, make the music notes on the sheet music. Mark with the pencil, where you plan to begin, which section will be intro and where will you end.
– The more you practice, you will gain more confidence. Sing the song in front of family members or friends.
By using these tips you can prepare for your auditions. You may also get selected. All the best for your performance.Auditions for Films, Movies Audition, Acting, Modeling, Musicians, Dancing, Auditions for talents, talent exposure, casting calls